Saturday, March 29, 2008

Yesterday 3.28.08



Kore

On Mine
On Friday, I went to my the opening of my sister's senior show. She goes LaGuardia High School, where I spent my first two years of H.S. It was the first time I'd been there since I was 16. Soon after I arrived, I recruited Miriam into accompanying me on my roundabout tour of youthful nostalgia. This photo was taken from the back stall of the now infamous 7th floor bathroom. These stalls offered my compatriots and I refuge from the doldrums and general lameitudes of early high school life. We would cut class, hide from security guards, smoke cigarettes, and talk for hours about absolutely nothing. As much as I hated it then, and despite how complicated my choices made the period which followed, I look back on those days with a great fondness. In some ways, I was more alive then than at any other time that I can remember.
On Her's
I'm definitely not a dog person, but Mojo is the greatest dog to ever live. The juxtaposed angles of Mojo's legs are amazing. The light from the window adds to the stretchy-sleepy feeling that, for me, is so evident in this photo. Now that I know that the black is Charles' shirt, the photo is made even more sentimental. Its as if Mojo is giving his pal a friendly pat on the back.
Em
On Mine

Mojo is just a red fuzzy ball of love. He's warm and affectionate, but loves to be in the way. Getting up on the couch while Charles is trying to do something is his forte. He always wants to be near either me or Charles all the time. So, during this picture, Mojo had situated himself behind Charles so that he could not lean back on the couch. But he made up for it with a light back massage.
On Her's

Aww siblings. I loved this picture because so often you turn around and suddenly you see a different person walking in or out of a door. I have never actually met Karina's sister but I have seen pictures. When she was showing me the pictures for the 28th, all from her sister's art show, I was in shock at how much older she had gotten. This photo is apparently from the bathroom of Karina's old high school, and it's an interesting feeling that you get walking through your old haunts from when you were younger. That fleeting nostalgia is really captured here.

No comments: