Monday, March 24, 2008

Yesterday 3.23.08



Kore

On Mine
I went to Bill's parents house in Westchester for Easter dinner. Bill's parents and I have a strained relationship at best, and the experience was... complicated. But it gave me a lot of time to be outside and take photos in a different landscape, which was really fun. I took this photo at night (obviously) with a long exposure. As soon as the sun went down, I knew I wanted to take some night shots. I didn't have a tripod, so I had to stack my zippo on top of a pack of cigarettes which rested on the stone path to the front door. I balanced the tip of the lens against the edge of my pile and hoped for 15 seconds of stillness. I'm fairly certain that the camera picked up many more stars than my eye did. To see it full size, click here.
On Her's
I really like this photo. It just seems so real to me. I can easily imagine walking in on this scene. I love how warm all the colors feel, in contrast with the stark shadows. I wonder if Charles is looking at our blog, as hes been known to do on occasion. Or just pictures of dead babies. Maybe both, at the same time!
Em
On Mine

Mine seemed to put me in a bit of a funk yesterday. I mean, this is pretty much a picture of what I do every day, thank god for the boy in the picture. I kinda wish that my house was as warm and inviting as it looks in this picture, I would not have as big of an issue being couped up in it all the time.
On Her's

I am in love with this picture. And yesI would marry it. I love the brightness of the lights in the house from the long exposure. It looks like an advertisement for a forest resort or retreat. The composition is also awesome, the trees going from smaller to larger, from background to foreground lends to a great depth to this picture. Almost makes me miss Westchester!