Sunday, March 23, 2008

Yesterday 3.22.08



Kore
On Mine
Last night was crazy, in a way that reaffirmed my desire to get the hell out of here. This photo has nothing to do with that though, so ill just leave it at that. I took it at Lucky 13, a metal bar a few blocks from my apartment. I think its like a visual manifestation of beer goggles. I love the effect of looking half through the pint glass.
On Her's
I think em takes incredible posed portraits. Charles oozes cool through the frame. Its contrasty and dramatic and I love it. Somehow, em always knows exactly what to tell you to do to make you look fabulous. I especially like how the black of his tattoos looks against the white of his beater.
Em
On Mine
Kore and I used to get bored a lot in NY and take pictures. Not just candid pictures, but silly dressed up, make up-ed pictures. I think everyone does this. But the results were most often surprising and became some of my favorite photographs of mine and hers. I have not had the chance to take pictures like this since I moved from NY, so when Charles said he was fine with me fiddling around and snapping some slightly more posed shots of him I jumped at the chance. I love when he has this slightly 50's era look, the pork pie, beater, studded belt and boot cut cuffed pants over a pair of jump boots. I wanted to create a more timeless feel to this photo while still retaining a bit of a candid look. I suppose the reality also is that I just wanted to take a sexy picture of my boyfriend. I tend to take darker pictures with dramatic lighting when I go through the trouble. I am happy with the result.
On Her's
I think that we both see our boyfriends as these amazingly wonderful, beautiful creatures that should be constantly documented. I remember Bill being slightly hesitant about getting his picture taken when they first started dating. It seems as though this aversion to having his soul stolen has lessened greatly, which is awesome because Karina's pictures of Bill tend to be amazing. I think it's because she tries to capture him how she sees him, in all his wonderfulness.

4 comments:

Raeven said...

Charles...such a sexy beast.

charles said...

Oh yes now the world will know the truth; in at least one angle in black and white, I can look good!

Desiree said...

Em, you're an awesome photographer. Yesh, very saxy pic o charles.

Green Light said...

Why thank you.