Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yesterday 3.25.08



Kore

On Mine
Its very strange to me that, since em and I have started this blog, I've been taking so many non-portrait photos. I used to think that the only things I could photograph effectively were people, though now I'm starting to disbelieve that. This photo was taken on 17th street, on my way to the grocery store. The crosses pictured in this post are still up. They're a few houses down the hill from where I was standing. And yes, they still inspire giggles everytime I see them.
On Her's
Jack and I have a weird relationship. We used to not be friends at all. This was due to his constant attempts at attacking me, much like a ninja. It all began when em was still living in her one bedroom in Astoria. I had a huge duffel bag filled with clothes (when upright, the bag is almost as tall as me) which em and I were going to use for picture-taking-dress up. The bag was angled diagonally on top of em's bed. I was digging through the bag, when suddenly I felt something sharp against my hand. I let go as the bag fell backwards, and realized that Jack was attempting to scale the bag, probably in an effort to claw my eyes out. The last time I was in SD, Jack was really nice to me. Maybe he's left his ninja-ing days behind. So now I guess we're friends. Or are we?
Em
On Mine
Jack has always been a pretty photogenic cat. I found him lounging on top of a foam mattress topper in the living room right in front of a large painting of a fish that me and my little cousin are working on. I just thought it was cute the whole cat/fish relationship. This time, the fish is huge and ominous whereas jack is tiny in comparison. I have also been spending a lot of time at home, so I suppose you should all see pictures of things other than Charles and myself.
On Her's
This street photo really made me miss New York. A lot. I guess that there was some emotion behind me choosing this picture for the diptych. Those brownstones are just so incredibly Brooklyn to me that I just wanted to be there walking up the street with her. The sidewalk looks like it goes on forever and just kinda sputters out on the horizon.

No comments: