Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yesterday 4.8.08



Kore
On Mine
Andrew came home from his month and change in India. He went out to visit his now ex-girlfriend who is at school in Bangalore. He regaled us with tales of ear infection scams, possible typhoid, and bank robbery. The Kali statue that is sitting on his lap is the gift he brought home for me. I'm definitely thrilled that Andrew is back. Woot to the return of a close compatriot!
On Her's
I really like the texture in this shot. The grain of the black and white implies this creepy aged feeling that is fantastic. I think it's really funny that I immediately knew exactly where this in em's mama casa.
Em
On Mine

I suppose my last few pictures have been a little lazy. I took this picture bored at my mothers house. She has a bunch of antiques there from when we shipped my Grandmother out from NY. The empty chairs and the unused room where all of these things reside remind me that she is gone. My Grandmother was the matriarch of our small family, and although I had quite the troubled relationship for most of my life, toward the end of hers we mended many of those hurts. The darkness of this picture also lends to a nostalgic feeling that pairs well with the empty chair.
On Her's

I love Andrew's smile in this picture. Like usual, Karina gets some amazing candid shots of people. Andrew's goofy kind personality rings true in this photograph. At first glance, it looked like he was knitting in this picture, causing me to take a second look and clarify that he was, from my now studied perception, rolling a cigarette.

No comments: