Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Yesterday 4.7.08



Kore
On Mine
On Monday I went to my Dad's house in Queens. I've been cleaning out my old room so my Dad can turn it into a guest room. Since we were all going to be together (my Dad, my sister, and me,) my Dad invited my Mother over to have a family discussion about tuition. My sister and I are both starting new schools in the fall; Miriam is going into her freshman year of college, and I am transferring. Seeing my parents in the same room together is always strange for me, though they have certainly gotten better about it. It used to be that putting them in the same space for an excess of 10 minutes would almost guarantee a fight(example: my H.S. graduation.) This discussion could've turned into a major trainwreck, but thankfully it didn't. I dont know if time truly heals all wounds, but at least the big gorey ones are bandaid secured.
On Her's
Doesn't Mojo look so regal in this photo? If this were a painting it could easily hang in London's National Gallery or in the Uffizi. Wonderful as Mojo is and seems, the thing that makes this photo for me is the flower peeking in through the frame. It's also fantastic that Mojo is looking directly at it, as if to see who his competition is for adoration in this photo.
Em
On Mine
I don't have too much to say about this picture as it was a snap shot of the pup. I love the yellow flower in the corner, and I agree with Karina that this could be quite the painting. Perhaps Mojo could find a new career as a dog model for art students! Most adorable dog ever!
On Her's
Karina's parents have always seemed like a mystery to me, until her mother became my dentist. They have quite the interesting family dichotomy, and I believe that one part of that is illustrated quite well in this picture. I love the circular composition of this picture, and you can tell that at least a few family members are photographers as they are seemingly unaffected by the person standing over them snapping this shot. What's great about that is that it lends to a real honesty in this candid photo.

No comments: