Thursday, April 10, 2008

Self Portrait



Kore
On mine
On her's
Em
On mine

I took this picture by setting up Charles' projector in the office and walking toward the camera while my camera was set on timer. I wanted to illustrate my longing to be in New York through a photograph. My struggle with my living situation can be directly attributed to how much I moved when I was a young child. I have never fully felt like I was a resident, living out of boxes, suitcases and always making and loosing friends. The only place I feel truly at home was in New York or in New York City. The only problem is, that I a still, in my own mind, there. I have not been able to completely remove myself from what I still consider my true home, and place myself fully, in San Diego. And in truth? I don't really want to.
On her's

I had chosen a similar picture to this one for a "Yesterday post". I think that Karina's affinity with water shows through in this picture. Maybe it's the Pices in her, or maybe it's just that she enjoys a good bath, but she looks comfortable, relaxed and strangely youthful in this photo. I love the contrast between that which is under the water and her not yet submerged face. Like part of her is hidden somewhere below the surface, we all conceal something. I await her description so I can learn further as to what this portrait portrays to her, of her.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

Both these photos fill me with joy. They compliment each other well. Both serene and ethereal.

charles said...

Less blur more nipple.