Saturday, April 5, 2008

Yesterday 4.3.08



Kore
On Mine
Luis again! This time with many faces. I love the hallucinogenic blur, and the distict stages of movement in his face and arms. Its as if I caught a second, between animated explanations, wherein Luis' soul attempted to jump ship and evaporate into collective conciousness. Good thing it didnt succeed. I'd be sad without my bunkie Cyclona.
On Her's
Truly, I cannot resist a piggie face. That said, I did not choose this photo because it features a porcine companion. I love the sharpness of his snout. How you can see each and every whisker of his mustache. I also really like how the black pig is juxtaposed against the white, grey, and parched yellow of his cage. I so desperatly want to reach into this photo and feed this guy some oats, probably a sign that I need to stop staring at his face.
Em
On Mine
Charles and I drove my mother up to her friend's house in Orange county so that she could go to Yosemite. The boy and I decided that since San Juan Capistrano was right down the street we would go to the Mission there and investigate, you know do some touristy stuff. So we hung out at the mission and museum and took pictures. We walked around the local streets and visited the antique shops. Grabbing a map we decided to go to the O'Neill Museum (Charles' last name) and check out the history. Interesting, but not as Irish as we had suspected we walked along the side streets some more and found a petting zoo with bunnies, alpaca, emus, cows, chickens and most importantly pigs. We did not go in but we did get to see some of the animals. This pig was quite friendly and incredibly adorable! To see the rest of the pictures go here.
On Her's
I love the motion in this picture, how animated Luis looks. The colors, like usual are just amazing. The last time I was at Karina's house I was in shock at the bright green of the walls. Well, it was the first time I was there, so second to last time. But anyway I am truly confusing the issue. So Karina's pictures are just perfect, especially her candid portraits. I know that I recently chose another picture of Luis as her picture for the day, but well, he is just so all over the place, so dramatic and not to reiterate, but animated, that his pictures tend to be quite captivating.

No comments: